This image is god. To me at least. God is mysterious, complex, and beautiful. So is this image. Here I see the sheet music of Iannis Xenakis’s prime work “Pithoprakta”. The instruments are all conceived as molecules of gas obeying the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution law. Highly intricate mathematical genius. This purpose is to create the chaotic sound of war. In the background the trombones imitate sirens while the violins are bullets whirling through the air. I don’t get this feeling very much but when I even fathom this work, I get a feeling of awe. I am looking at the face of something divine.
- myszkin reblogged this from metamusic
- elysium-ceilidh likes this
- thessorders reblogged this from metamusic and added:
- thessorders likes this
- juvenile0404 likes this
- juvenile0404 reblogged this from metamusic
- philosoraptrix reblogged this from metamusic